If you’re a Taos, New Mexico, resident and need a medical abortion, we understand that obtaining one can be challenging. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the steps to prepare you, explain what to expect, and highlight our assistance to ensure a smooth experience.
Taos Medical Abortions: Obtain an Ultrasound
Before making the trip from Taos, getting an ultrasound is essential. This step is crucial as we want to ensure you receive the medical abortion (abortion pill) with 100% safety and effectiveness. The ultrasound serves the following purposes:
- Confirm that the gestational sac is present in the uterus, making you eligible for the abortion pill.
- Rule out the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy, where the sac develops outside the uterus, requiring surgical intervention.
- Verify that you are within the appropriate gestational age for medical abortion (up to 10 weeks).
- Provide peace of mind, knowing your journey will not be in vain.
Taos Medical Abortions: Schedule an Appointment
To make an appointment, please contact us by phone. Our lines are open Monday through Saturday, and the good news is that there is no mandatory 24-hour waiting period under New Mexico’s abortion laws. Once you have your ultrasound results, we can book your appointment as early as the same or the next day.
When coming for your appointment, remember to bring the following documents and items:
- Face mask for safety precautions.
- For necessary paperwork, identification (Passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, or social security card).
- Form of payment (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or money order) to cover the cost of the all-inclusive medical abortion, priced at $700 flat.
- If someone else covers the procedure’s cost, they must accompany you with their card and ID.
Follow Up & Aftercare
After the medical abortion, following up is crucial to ensure its success. The best way to do this is through an ultrasound, which can confirm that you are no longer pregnant. We recommend getting the follow-up ultrasound two weeks after the procedure for the quickest confirmation. If you prefer to use a home pregnancy test, you should wait for four to six weeks.
Our priority is to make obtaining a medical abortion as seamless as possible for Taos residents. We pride ourselves on offering warm, empathetic, and unconditional support throughout your decision-making journey. By following this simple 3-step guide, we ensure that you have the best possible experience while considering the termination of a pregnancy. Rest assured. We are here for you every step of the way!